Search This Blog

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Bidayuh is Not Idiot!!

Bidayuh reps not staging ‘silent protest’

BARISAN Nasional assemblymen from the Bidayuh community yesterday denied they were staging a ‘silent protest’ by not participating in any debate in the just-concluded State Legislative Assembly sitting.

Environment and Public Health Minister Datuk Michael Manyin Jawong, widely regarded as the de-facto leader of the Bidayuhs, said it was just mere coincidence that none of the Bidayuh assemblymen made any speech this session.

“This is just coincidence …There is no truth is such rumours (that we are holding a protest),” he said when met at the State Legislative Assembly building.

Normally, Bidayuh assemblymen are among the vocal speakers especially during the debate in appreciation of the address by the Head of State where they will touch on current issues and even make hard-hitting revelations on problems faced in their constituencies.

However this time around, none of them spoke which gave rise to speculations that there was a protest by the community especially after the Bidayuhs were no longer represented in the federal cabinet.

There were even talks that the protest was staged to pressure the state government into appointing a Bidayuh as an assistant minister in the state cabinet reshuffle which is expected anytime soon.

Three Bidayuh assemblymen when met yesterday admitted that they did not prepare any speech, but denied that they did so in protest or out of spite. Kedup assemblyman Frederick Bayoi Manggie, known for his no-nonsense speech, said he too did not prepare anything for the debate.

Stating that he was not feeling well the past few days, he said: “It is not right to say that we the Bidayuhs are protesting, just because we did not participate in the debate.

“It is just coincidence, but of course some people are picking on this just to make up stories,” he added.

Both Tarat assemblyman Roland Sagah and Tasik Biru assemblyman Peter Nansian said they were leaving it to others to talk this time around.

“It is just coincidence that none of us spoke this time. I did not prepare any speech but this does not mean I am protesting,” Sagah said.

Nansian in a similar tone, said: “There are many other YBs who will also like to speak in the august house … (It will be) quite tiring if so many of us make our speeches.”

The other Bidayuh assemblymen are Ranum Mina (BN-Opar) and Dr Jerip Susil (BN-Bengoh).

**************************************************************************************

I have been criticized by a reader saying that how can I call the Bidayuh the Idiots and not Idiot later. Well, I am not making myself to be a YB or a hero here. I was blamed because I criticized SMK Padawan is producing idiots. Then come another comment telling that the YB will blame me.

Who needs who here? The YB need our support and vote but yet they are not aware of the community problem. Yes, Bidayuh is not Idiot and that is why they are not marginalized and left behind. I criticized Manyin as a running dog and betrayer. Well, if he can do something with Kampung Tun Abdul Razak, I will call myself an Idiot because I am not aware of what is going on.

Now, someone is challenge me to contest on the coming election. No, I am not that kind of Idiot to make use of the Bidayuh community. In facts, I do not have any money to run campaign and 'arak' party. So that is not mean that I am an Idiot but a silent a silent protest to the Bidayuh marginalization.

How can I call Bidayuh not an Idiot but at the first stage, I said that SMK Padawan is producing Idiots? Someone will get angry with me? I am ready to get blasted all the time. I welcome any critic to built the community together and not to build up an arrogant and timid Mps.

Let get back to the real story now. I cannot waste my time as I am now only writing from cyber cafe and I do not mind at all as long as I am available.

However this time around, none of them spoke which gave rise to speculations that there was a protest by the community especially after the Bidayuhs were no longer represented in the federal cabinet.

Its time to protest the BN torture on the Bidayuh. No representative mean we are not needed in the government. I am I wrong to say this or am I too emotional? It is not because every Bidayuh know that we are marginalized politically and economically. Silent does not mean that we like the way BN treat us but we are fed-up to be a slave of the others.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hopefully they will revolt....every dayaks/bidayuhs deserved than assistant minister

bidayuhs more than melanaus

Anonymous said...

I thought you were the one who say that SMK Padawan produces idiots. How come you say that Bidayuh are not idiot again. I see most of the time you are lost and you disagree with your self. At you time you say that the Bidayuh are idiots and at another you say is not. You are lost young man. or are you scared of the YBs that you condemned earlier.

I remember, you accused Datuk Michael Manyin as the Bidayuh traitor, selling the Bidayuh rights, and also accusing him of the 'running dog' of the present state leadership. What are you trying to say here? You are the best Bidayuh on earth?

I have nothing against you. But my advise is please do not use the blog to 'wash dirty linen in public.' You were a Yayasan Sarawak scholarship holder to enable you to pursue you degree course. If you are sincere about helping the community and contribute back or pay back to the community, it is only right for you not to use the cyber space to spread rumors. Rumor mongering is the worse disease, it is cancerous, and I am sad that one of my kind is suffering from it.

Wish you good luck and happy gawai.

Unknown said...

Let forgive and forget

Anonymous said...

"hopefully they will revolt....every dayaks/bidayuhs deserved than assistant minister
bidayuhs more than melanaus"
-> They will not revolt. Too much to lose in term of personal gains: longterm govt contracts, direct negotiation tenders etc.
It's money first, can't you see it? To defend the dayak rights? Give me some timber licence first and call me 'the Sultan' will ya.


"What are you trying to say here? You are the best Bidayuh on earth?"
-> Unfortunately, Bidayuh let themselves to be lead by the worst.
Talk about symbolic appointment. Such a joke for the beggars.

The best Bidayuhs are all gone migrated lah.

No country for old clowns.