The Dayak Mindset and Democracy.
1. Democracy is a political system that suite almost 90% of the world population though some are struggling under martial law and communism. According to Abraham Lincoln, democracy is a government of the people, for the people, by the people. In Malaysia Democracy is practiced since the liberation day of Malaya from British colony. Somehow, Malaysia does not practice total democracy as there is Monarchy Institution plus there are some "laws" that forbid the citizen to practice total democracy.
2. The Dayak will only know democracy when it comes to election. They say that democracy is the freedom to vote and select their leader? Once their leader is selected, what next? Shall, their leader serve them according to their will and hope? What is the next step and where is the direction of the people?
3. Democracy is the only way for the Dayak to get development project. Which mean, vote for BN then only that they will get water supply, electricity and better road. A week party cannot build road, erect the electric post and pull the water pipeline because they have no money. If opposition govern, the country will get bankrupt because the opposition is evil and they are terrorist.
4. If a village head or JKK is working close with opposition, they will be sacked and lost their RM 700 monthly allowance. They don't want that happens and that is why they are bind with "intimidation and marginalization".
5. I think the Dayak should start to thing differently. They should think of their right under the agreed Federation of Malaysia; NCR land and custody. Civil rights, employment id government departments, scholarship, university and most importantly their right as citizen of Malaysia.
6. The NCR land is the unresolved issue and therefore, they must warn and wake-up the sleeping government to start release them their ancestors lands and right. NCR land law must be amend so that the Dayak will have their land for planting, building houses and as their asset for future generation.
7. The Dayak must know their rights under the Federal constitutions and right as citizen. The Dayak is merely "immigrants in their homeland". They have no land to build their house, no right to govern and no right to reap the land wealth (timber, quarry, minerals). Infact, their rights have been stolen by their own leader who does not know how to defend and server their own clans.
8. The Dayak should stop thinking that opposition is evil and terrorist. The 5 states in Malaya are govern by opposition and they are doing pretty well. They don't steal form the people. There is some issue that seems to be very ugly (sand in Selangor, hawkers in Penang and so forth). But, how much BN has steal when these states are under BN. Look at Khir Toyo fortune from Selangor, how about Terengganu oil royalty? Who are the thieve? Khairy and Jusoh.
9. Opposition is not terrorist, Jews or "sodomizers". Opposition is the other side of government that joint hand with the governing party to build a better nation. We should look at Philippine, Aquino history when a strong opposition ousted the communist regime to Hawaii.
10. It's the people's responsibility to build a nation. Not a political party or a king himself. We should now watch more Al-Jazeera or CNN or BBC rather than TV1, TV2, TV3 or NTV7. We should invest on internet connection (RM 60.00++) rather than reading Utusan Sarawak, Borneo Post, Berita Harian. It's time to learn from Tunisia, Jordan and Egypt where the voice of people are now louder than before. The Arab countries are rejecting regime and "partial-democracy" and most importantly, the Muslim people and getting smarter nowadays although Muslim has been labeled as "royal" citizens of the king. We cannot deny that when time comes the government will be in trouble because of their ignorance.