Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world. - Mandela.
1. The primary reason why Bidayuh has been sidelined and marginalized; because they are not educated. The number of graduated bidayuh is less than 15% out of the whole population.
2. 60% of Bidayuh are working as self supply farmer, 30% as construction worker and less than 10% are professional workers either in government sector or private sector. Thus, the household income for each bidayuh family is less than RM500 per month. Their per ca pita should be RM 5.00. This can label the Bidayuh as hardcore poor.
3. Why is this happen? Most of the Bidayuh teenagers quit school after form 5 and work at coffee shops, supermarket and construction site. At the age of 18, they married and have their own family. Those who are distinction could not pursue to college or university because their parent is poor.
4. How to get rid of this? We do not need political mathematic to figure out or solve the problem. I think parents should change their mindset towards the importance of education. Start planting rubber, black pepper. Do not planting oil palm because we cannot afford for heavy machineries.
5. Start saving now at ASB or ASSAR or ASN or AHB to prepare the children’s education in the future.
6. Youngsters should work during school holiday. Not loitering around and waiting for money to come. Save the money and prepare yourself to college or university.
7. Sacrifice more and never give-up to save a much as you can. You can eat white rice with salted fish compare to our forefathers who ate tapioca with tapioca buds. We are much better now as there is sugar, cooking oil and coffee.
8. Don’t spend on beer or liqueur if you are not afforded. Coffee and tea is much better from wine. Safe more money rather than drinking more beer and liqueur.